Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Please review the Maitai Whare Iti Ltd terms and conditions for accommodation:
If a booking is cancelled less than 21 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50.00% of the stay will be made.
If a booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.
In the event of a no show or booking reduction (after arrival date) the full cost of the booking is charged.
Group bookings are required to pay 10% deposit of the expected total spend and are required to give 30 days’ minimum notice to avoid forfeiture of your deposit as it is very difficult for us to on-sell a large amount of rooms at short notice. If we do on-sell the rooms then we would refund your deposit, less $10 admin fee.
Payment for all accommodation must be made in full on arrival (if not already done so). Overdue/recovery charges may be made if your account is not paid on time unless credit/invoice facilities have been arranged.
Check In/Check Out Policy
Check In time is 2pm on day of arrival and Check out is prior to 10am on day of departure. Early Check In and/or Checkout are by arrangement only. Please take note of office hours if you intend to leave early, as it may be appropriate to check out the night before. Keys can be left in the After Hours key drop in the motel reception door.
All our units are designated Non Smoking. If you do smoke in the room, then you may be charged appropriate cleaning and loss of income charges. We do have undercover areas outside your room with pots for smoke butts to be placed.
Cooking Odiferous Foods
All our units have cooking facilities but we do not permit odiferous foods to be cooked. This includes raw fish and curried meals. These smells permeate into bed linen, curtains and drapes and in some instances rooms can not be occupied for up to a week. Cleaning charges and loss of income will be charged to guests’ credit cards in these instances.
We allow small to medium sized dogs in the units as long as they are supervised at all times and have their own beds on the floor. Cats are permitted as long as they are caged. We ask guests to respect other guests’ privacy and quiet enjoyment by keeping their animals under control, including noise control, at all times. Dogs are permitted to be exercised on a leash in the grassed areas behind the units, however, all dog faeces are to be removed and placed in the rubbish bins beside reception. If you require rubbish bags for this purpose please ask at reception. We charge $20 per night per animal for the privilege of allowing animals in and around the property. No animal is permitted on the beds or in the showers nor are they permitted to be left unattended in the units. Any damage or additional cleaning required will be charged to your credit card.
Minimum Stay/Peak Periods
We reserve the right to accept reservations that are subject to a minimum stay over peak periods. A request to reduce the length of stay on an existing reservation may result in the reservation no longer being accepted.
We do not allow parties or gatherings in units, as this often results in damage to rooms, or causes disturbances to other staying guests.
1. Visitors are permitted at the management’s discretion. The registered guest is responsible for the behaviour of all persons/visitors whilst on the property. No visitors are allowed in rooms after 12pm. Any damage to the room or property may be charged, plus a charge for any resultant loss of income if applicable.
2. High noise levels & offensive behaviour will not be tolerated. Anyone behaving in this manner will be refused accommodation or asked to leave. In such circumstances, refunds will not be given.
3. Costs to replace damaged items or deodorise rooms may be passed onto the guest.
4. There will be no reductions for late arrivals, early departures and temporary absences or for meals that have been booked and not taken.
5. There will be a charge equal to the replacement value for and lost or broken property/chattels
6. Parents are responsible for their children at all times.
7. Vehicles parked on Maitai Whare Iti Ltd premises are left at owner’s risk. We strongly advise that no personal items be left in your vehicle overnight, as this may attract thieves